General

RSS feed for this section

Rising cost of living crisis

3 tips to maintain your financial wellbeing The rising cost of living is one of the most pressing issues facing many families today. The price of food, energy, fuel and other necessities has risen significantly in recent months. This has made it difficult to make ends meet and has put a strain on many household budgets. Planning for the rising cost…

Read more

Retirement nest egg

Half of over 50s regret not saving into their pension sooner The days of working for a single employer for your entire career and retiring with a comfortable pension are largely gone. The responsibility for accumulating a retirement nest egg now rests with individuals as opposed to their employers. Saving enough for retirement is challenging for many people, but an era…

Read more

Wealth vs health

More than half ignore medical advice and work despite poor health due to financial worries When you are off work due to an illness or injury, worries about how you are going to pay your bills can make an already stressful situation worse. So much so, that many people are finding themselves in the very difficult position of having to put…

Read more

Discussing inheritance with your heirs

More than half of UK adults haven’t discussed the subject With wealth for millennials set to double in the next 20 years, it’s time to get over the awkwardness and have the conversation now. One of the main reasons why people don’t discuss their inheritance wishes is that they assume estate planning is not for them. That it is only necessary…

Read more

Where there’s a Will there’s a Gen Zer

20% of 18-24-year-olds emerge as Will makers As many as a fifth (20%) of young Gen Z adults aged 18 to 24 say they have already made a Will[1]. Getting their affairs in order at such an early age compares favourably relative to the UK adult population overall, where just four in ten (40%) people have made a Will. It would…

Read more

How to cope with the rising cost of living

Nine in ten adults make stark spending decisions as anxiety runs high The pressure of spiralling living costs is a major concern among many UK households, with the vast majority looking to make significant lifestyle changes in response to price rises. According to new research[1], 95% of adults in the UK say they are worried about the anticipated rise in the…

Read more

Building an investment portfolio

4 steps for future wealth creation in your mid-20s to mid-30s Investing can be challenging for anyone, but for those in their mid-20s to mid-30s, it can be especially daunting to build a portfolio – especially while paying off student loans, credit card debt and establishing some savings. The reality is that people should start saving and investing as early as…

Read more

Love and money

Couples reveal they’re poles apart Most couples hate talking about money and find it a hard subject to discuss. However, while it may not seem like the most romantic topic, if you don’t talk about what you each want from your finances and how to manage your money, it’s likely to result in more friction and arguments. Talking about finances with…

Read more

Protecting family wealth

What will your legacy look like? Estate planning is about putting your affairs in order, to help make the lives of your loved ones easier. It can help to protect your estate for your beneficiaries and reduce the impact of Inheritance Tax (commonly called IHT for short). IHT is something many of us don’t know enough about. Simply because we don’t…

Read more

‘Home is my pension’ generation

22% rise in people using property to support their retirement The significant increase in property prices in recent years has likely shifted many people’s expectations of the role property wealth will eventually play in supporting their retirement. With people spending longer in retirement, one of the challenges that many need to overcome is how to fund it and how to meet…

Read more